Support for Children and Teenagers
- Armed Services YMCA Free YMCA memberships and summer camps for military families are available, as well as contests for military youth.
- Camps for Military Youth Check with nearby installations or your state's National Guard or Reserve unit for additional local camps that they may sponsor.
- American Legion Comprehensive listing is available of college or technical school scholarships for military dependents.
- Military Youth on the Move Designed for students and parents, this website has helpful ideas and advice by age group on everythin gfrom deployment to moving to finding a job.
- Veteran Parenting Toolkit: Together Building Strong Families Parenting information for all parents, including sections designed for returning parents.
- Welcome Back Parenting: A Guide for Reconnecting Families after Military Deployment A brief online guide for parents focusing on the homecoming and "after deployment" phase of deployment.
- Zero to Three National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families Information and guides are provided for military parents and those working with very young military children.
- National Resource Directory This comprehensive guide for service members, veterans and their families has links to a wide range of resources.
- Yellow Ribbon Program Find Yellow Ribbon events in your area for National Guard and Reserve service members and their families.
- Operation: Military Kids This joint 4-H/Army project offers resources for all military youth and trainings for adults who work with military kids.
- Deployment Guides for Families
- Specialized Training of Military Parents (STOMP) This National Parent Training and Information Center provides support, information and advice to military parents with special needs family members.
Videos for Families, Kids and Teenagers
- "Military Youth Coping with Separation" and "Mr. Poe and Friends" American Academy of Pediatrics and U.S. Army Medical Command Designed for kids and teens to hear how other kids are dealing with deployment and the return of their military parent.
- "Sesame Street for Military Families" Sesame Street Workshop Preschool and now school-age videos and activities are at this site to help families cope with deployment, change and loss.
Wellness Resources for Kids and Families
- Families OverComing Under Stress (FOCUS) Family resiliency training for military families is available both in person on some military installations and on-line.
- Military OneSource Department of Defense resource provides a wealth of information and short-term, non-medical counseling via telephone or on-line with the additional option of face-to-face counseling services in the community.
- AfterDeployment.org This Defense Centers of Excellence website offers wellness resources for the military community, including a section for "Families with Kids."
- Defense Centers of Excellence Defense Centers of Excellence has information for service members, families and service providers around psychological health and traumatic brain injury.
- Real Warriors An initiative by the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury, the Real Warriors site has information for both service personnel and family members.
Trauma and Grief
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) Information is available about all types of trauma resources, with a special section for "Military Children & Families."
- Caring for Kids After Trauma and Death: A Guide for Parents and Professionals The Institute for Trauma and Stress at the NYU Child Study Center Helpful information is included for parents caring for children who are coping with trauma and loss.
- Courage to Care Information for family and providers is provided to help communicate more effectively about war injuries.
Military Family Programs
- Army Reserve Family Programs
- National Guard Bureau — Joint Services Support
- Commander, Navy Installations Commend (CNIC) Family Readiness Programs
- Marine Corps Community Services
- Force Health Protection and Readiness This Department of Defense website has links to all the services' family programs.
Fun Websites for Military Youth
- Sesame Street for Military Families - Sesame Workshop presents videos and activities just for military kids.