Welcome to the Military Kids Connect® website (“we”). Military Kids Connect (MKC) is a web-based resource developed by the National Center for Telehealth and Technology to enhance resiliency, provide support and facilitate family readiness for military youth dealing with the unique psychological challenges of military life. In addition, it assists in mitigating the negative aspects of traumatic brain injury, post-traumatic stress syndrome and other psychological health issues on military families. The website consists of age-appropriate interventions for different age groups (6-8 yrs, 9-12 yrs, and 13-17 yrs). Some of the clinical issues addressed are depression and anxiety related to separation from loved ones, and expectancies prior to and after deployment. An online military community is provided to improve peer-to-peer communication so that military youth’s experiences can be normalized. Parents and educators are provided with resources that assist them in support of their child and student respectively.
Your failure to follow these rules may result in suspension or termination of your access to the website, without notice.
USE OF CONTENT
- The content of the pages of this website is for you and your child’s general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
The MKC website is designed to enhance resiliency, provide support and facilitate family readiness for military youth dealing with the unique psychological challenges of military life. The website contains activities and games related to coping with military life, along with videos and a social network. Currently, the social network includes pre-moderated commenting where users can post comments or questions and other users can respond.
LOGIN. There is no login on the website. All site content is available for all users without login or registration.
REGISTRATION. There is no registration on the website.
COMMENTING AND PUBLIC COMMUNICATION. MKC allows for commenting that offers opportunities for users to submit content for viewing by other users. Commenting can include reviews of videos, questions to the MKC user community, and comments to other user's posts. By submitting content, you acknowledge that your submissions are public and not private communications, and you have no expectation of privacy or guarantees of security around any information you disclose.
COMMENTS BY OTHERS ARE NOT ENDORSED. MKC and the Department of Defense does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on the website. Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those making the comments and do not necessarily represent the views of MKC, the Department of Defense, the United States Government or its third party service providers. By submitting a comment on the website, you agree that MKC, the Department of Defense, the United States Government and its third party service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material, even material that violates this Agreement.
EDITING AND DELETIONS. MKC reserves the right, but undertakes no duty, to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted by any user or as a comment to the information provided for display or placed on the website at its sole discretion, without notice. Comments submitted to the website will may be reviewed and a representative sample may be posted on the site or inappropriate comments may be deleted at the sole discretion of MKC. We hope to receive submissions from all viewpoints, but we ask that all participants agree to the following Terms of Participation:
- Refrain from posting comments or questions that contain threats, obscenity, material that would violate the law if published here, abusive, defamatory or sexually explicit material.
- Submissions containing the following will be deleted:
- Contains obscene or threatening language or discrimination (hate speech) based on race, sex, gender, religion, national origin, age, or disability.
- Contains harassing language or advocates harassment of another person.
- Promotes commercial services or products.
- Content that is otherwise objectionable for any reason or harmful to minors in any way.
- Includes or solicits any personal or sensitive information (including but not limited to last names, phone numbers, email or street addresses).
- Operational Security (OPSEC). All personnel (including families and friends of service members) have a responsibility to ensure that no information that might put our military members in jeopardy or would be of use to our adversaries is posted to websites that are readily accessible to the public. That information includes, among other things, technical information, operation plans, troop movement schedules, current and future locations of military units and ships, descriptions of overseas bases, details of weapons system, or discussions of areas frequented by service members overseas. Other information that’s not as obvious but should also not be discussed in an open forum includes daily military activities and operations, equipment status, unit morale, and results of operations. Any of these topics, if released in an open medium, have the ability to provide our adversaries opportunities to harm our military members.
EXTERNAL LINK DISCLAIMER
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Army Medical Research and Material Command (USAMRMC) of non-U.S. Government sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. Although the USAMRMC may or may not use these sites as additional distribution channels for Department of Defense information, it does not exercise editorial control over all of the information that you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the United States Government, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes. With respect to documents available from this server, neither the United States Government nor any of its service members or employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.